Dec 14, 2006

Our sustainable future is the bright light in my son's eyes

His little sister asked - "is it magic"?
My son's reply -
"Nope, science"



I sat down with my son to take in a little "myth busters" last night...



Episode 69: - They did a bench test of running & startup efficiencies of general household lights using nearly the same bench equipment I have.


Their results, same as mine, the LED used 1/10th the power of the compact fluorescent consumer bulbs.


I usually shy away from the 1 to 10 ratio as it is bias with each manufacturer. (as DOE concluded) However, stating they are "10-100%" more efficient appears to be a well documented number anyone could quote.


On a lighter note... my son and I completed the thermoelectric Peltier install this weekend I am testing for Steve Spence over at green-trust.org. It runs a array of "LED" and a TV powered for "free" off the heat from the vent in his room via the thermoelectric Peltier effect.


Is there hope for energy in our future? it is as bright as the light in my son's eyes when he saw "free" energy light up his room...