Mar 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Kiss my recyclables

Kiss Me, I Recycle

GreenGuardian.com is taking the opportunity to tie St. Patrick's Day to raising environmental awareness. The lead story in the latest newsletter was entitled "Kiss Me, I Recycle" and is an obvious play on the "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" slogan you're likely to see emblazoned on t-shirts, buttons and hats starting this weekend. (Incidentally, the SWMCB web site provides a handy "Kiss Me, I Recycle" St. Patrick's Day button template for anyone interested in wearing green and simultaneously promoting green activities.)

 The "Kiss Me, I Recycle" story links to a helpful can and bottle recycling guide on GreenGuardian.com. The guide not only tells you what and how to recycle (which is strictly speaking, not pollution prevention since it's an "end of the pipe" sort of activity) but also highlights the energy savings associated with recycling, as well as the reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, air and water pollution, and water consumption that result from recycling containers as opposed to throwing them in the trash–all of which are important environmental benefits that are certainly complimentary to P2 activities.

Read more from - Joy Scrogum  P2 Go Bragh: Kiss Me, I Recycle