What your next president will be blamed for over the next 2 years....
- The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers increased 0.3%
- Over the last 12 months, the all items index rose 1.5%!
- Increases in the shelter and gasoline indexes were the main causes of the rise
- The gasoline index rose 5.8% in September
- The shelter index increased largest increase since May.
- The energy index increased 2.9%, its largest advance since April.
The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.1% in September
Along with the shelter index, the indexes for medical care, motor vehicle insurance, and personal care all increased in September, as did the indexes for education, alcoholic beverages, airline fares, and tobacco.
The all items index rose 1.5% for the 12 months ending September, its largest 12-month increase since October 2014.
The index for all items less food and energy rose 2.2% for the 12 months ending September.
Read full report here: